CREATIVE – INSIGHTFUL – INSPIRING & CONVINCING – DECISIVE – DETERMINED & PASSIONATE – ALTRUISTIC.
- Creative – Combining a vivid imagination with a strong sense of compassion, Naz uses her creativity to resolve human challenges. Its This strength makes her an excellent counsellor and adviser. Find out about her counselling services here and her Poetry Therapy workshops here.
- Inspiring and Convincing – Naz has a fluid, inspirational writing style that appeals to the inner idealist in her audience. A word mechanic she is an astonishingly good orator; speaking with warmth and passion.
- Insightful – Naz can see how people and events are connected, and she is able to use that insight to get to the heart of the matter, sharing her truths through her artwork and enabling others to do also.
- Decisive – Her creativity, insight and inspiration has a real impact on the world, she follows through on her ideas with conviction, willpower, and the planning necessary to see complex projects through to the end. Naz does not just see the way things ought to be, She acts on those insights.
- Determined and Passionate – When Naz believes that something is important, she will pursue that goal with a conviction and energy that can catch even her closest friends off guard. Naz will rock the boat if she has to, something not everyone likes to see, but her passion for her chosen cause is an inseparable part of her personality.
- Altruistic – Naz uses her strengths for good. She has strong beliefs and takes the actions that she does, not because she is trying to advance herself, but because she is trying to advance an idea that she truly believes will make the world a better place.
Naz Knight the CEO of NINE RED Presents (NRP)… (CIC) started a social enterprise in 2001, following being a victim of domestic violence and rape. Naz, suffering severe social phobia, depression and anxiety was unable to work outside of the house; used spoken word, dance and digital art to work through the issues that she was left with.
As her performances and art gained popularity, Naz was approached by others who wished for her help in using art as a means to cope and heal. In this way the philosophy behind her company NINE RED Presents… (CIC) was conceived. Looking back, Naz has stated that Nine Red began with a simple statement; having heard about the abuse Naz had endured she was asked, “What do you do after something like that happens?” She smiled, laughed and said “Get a job in a casino!”
It was there that Nine Red Presents…(CIC) was born, in August 2003 after the DJ Silk and Poet Naz had a jamming session and decided to collaborate on creating an art form that fused a DJ mix with Spoken Word.
Queen’s Award winning, volunteer led, NINE RED Presents…(CIC) is a non-profit organisation that, responds to the needs of our local community to bring about social change and have a positive social impact on the lives of socially disadvantaged groups; particularly, individuals effected by domestic/sexual abuse, mild to moderate mental health conditions and cultural deprivation (BME groups).
Achieved by running community projects providing skill attainment, education, artistic pursuits and counselling and increases participation in the arts, education and wellbeing. NRP run 6 such projects centred on our organisations ethos “That each individual in society, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age, religion or political belief has the right to be and to achieve all they want in their lives.
Their arts programme develops emerging socially disadvantaged artists, experiencing barriers to participation and access to artistic employment opportunities. This is achieved by supporting artists in their career development; creating opportunities for artist to nurture their talents and assist them gaining employment with our partners and other arts organisations.
Naz Knight has repurposed her trauma to help other to heal and to inspire self-improvement and personal growth in all those around her. Her publishing books is a natural progression for both her and her company NINE RED Presents…(CIC) who are publishing the books.
Naz says “I never chose to write; words chose me to be their writer”. This is reflected in her books which are powerful collections of poems, prose and artwork, that testifies to her unique relationship with words. Her writing challenges preconceptions about women labelled as “victims”, she refuses to be defined by this experience. Instead, Naz invites you to view her world as she tries to become all she wants to become; as she pursues a changeless sense of who she is; where she has come from and seeks to reach the place she wants to go.
Much less a survivor’s story and more journey of self-discovery; Naz encourages her readers to travel with her, almost as if they are a silent companion, walking with her on their own personal journey of self-discovery.